Friday, July 22, 2005

The 10 cent TV

My wife is mentally incapable of overlooking a bargain. Not that she spends money hand over fist, but she'll come home with a carload of items I didn't know we needed. Items like this broken TV that she paid 10 cents for. The power button works fine, the picture is fine, it certainly is bigger than the TV we used in our bedroom, and it's even stereo. So what's the problem? The buttons for changing the channel and volume are unusable, there's a loud buzz coming from the picture tube, and even with a programmable remote, the menus aren't usable. It's okay for watching DVDs in our bedroom, and is even a step up for that.
I am, of course, very pleased with my new TV in the kitchen, near where I use my laptop. The location is ideal for tuning in all the available broadcast channels. I don't even mind that the picture is small, for it just fits the little table in the corner. Now I need to find a new place for the phone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Andrea Wideman said...

I have to disagree with you Joel. I don't buy carloads of items that you feel that we don't need and I can pass up a sale. I only buy items that are useful. Like the tv. I know it isn't perfect but I don't watch regular tv in the bedroom much anyway. This tv also has some good points as well. It has a beautifully clear picture, the humming isn't loud when watching movies and for the price it can't be beat.
Plus as you stated now you have a tv near your laptop with a great picture. So I guess my shopping for useful items does come in handy. Right?

7/23/2005 10:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home