Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Yes, I am a writer

The growing manuscrips are proof enough. I have 3 or 4 scenes of my novel done (I write scenes seperately, without transitions, and try not to think about how many words or pages they take up) but haven't made any progress on it. My approach to novels is very different from short stories, and write now I'm in a short story frame of mind.
Speaking of which, I've been getting about a scene per day written, so now I'm up to 5 scenes or so.
Changing topic only slightly, if you use the computer for writing, make regular backups. And make sure those backups are usable. While I've thrown away a lot of stuff on purpose that I now regret doing, the worst losses have come from a dead computer and backups using faulty disks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home