Friday, August 26, 2005

The other shoe has dropped...

And the bloody severed foot is still in it.
I refer to last month's short story contest. The results are in, and they aren't pretty. My story did not take first place. That honor went to the basket-full-of-puppies-
who-are-loved-even-though-they-lost-their-tails-to-cancer. Nor second. That went to the story about a Navy SEAL... let's just say the author didn't know what the fuck they were talking about. Third place went to a story about Dorothy returning from Oz with amnesia. I thought that one was pretty cool, actually. Of the three, that should have won.
I didn't even get honorable mention. But at least I had fun writing the story.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Andrea Wideman said...

Honey,
Sorry that the other shoe has dropped. Story was very creepy and original. Should definitely have won. And I am not biased for saying it because if I thought it wasn't good enough or the others sounded better I would have told you. That is the tactless woman that you have the misfortune to be married to. I call crap or half hearted work what it is and to your face.

8/29/2005 11:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home