Monday, October 17, 2005

The Worm

It looks like I have a potential story idea for NaNoWriMo, and I am tentatively titling it "The Worm". I have it plotted out and it looks solid. I'll have to introduce some subplots though.
What is it? Well, the idea started with a series of nightmares (note the title of this blog) I had when I was discovering girls. Most guys recall this time of life with both fondness and embarassment. The joy of ogling the girls in class, followed by the embarassment of knocking over your desk with your erection. At this time in a boy's life, his penis seems to have a mind of its own. It wakes up before you do, refuses to go to sleep at night, stares at the ceiling when you're trying to piss, and generally makes a nuisance of itself. All this, of course, is normal. Most guys are very aware of their own erections, especially teenagers. I, for some reason, was not. At least not on a conscious level. Instead, I dreamed about my penis becoming a giant worm-like creature that destroyed everything in its wake in the presence of pretty girls.
And you thought YOU had a rough childhood.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Andrea Wideman said...

Honey,
I can't wait to hear more about it!

10/20/2005 01:25:00 PM  
Blogger R Flowers said...

This actually has some great possibility. Too many times, a guy's wang controls him. Your description makes me think of an under-rated genre, horror humor. I don't know if this is what you intended, but it can be used to great effect.

I will use an example that happens to be a movie: Return of the Living Dead, from the 80s. This movie has a lot of funny elements, but I remember being appalled by the horrific possibilities when I first saw it.

10/30/2005 08:48:00 PM  
Blogger Joel Wideman said...

My favorite horror movie - Evil Dead 2 - has some great black comedy elements, so it's no surprise that my horror has some underlying humor. However, I don't plan to play up this aspect. Rather, I intend to focus more on the inherent eroticism.

10/31/2005 12:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home