Tuesday, February 07, 2006

G.L.O.W. Diary 21

Tuesday, Week 4, May 1983

I had several surprises when I came in the next morning. First was that none of the girls were there. One or two late, sure. Instead, I was greeted by McLane, gloating like a mouse who had stolen the cheese. This was the second surprise.

"Hello again, Mr. Wideman. I said you hadn't seen the last of me."

"How did you get past security?"

"They work for me now, Mr. Wideman."

I knew what he was saying, but didn't want to accept it. "What are you talking about, McLane?"

"My business partner didn't tell you? She should have. I owned slightly less than half of the company, just as she does."

"You said 'owned'."

"That's right. You know who owned the rest? Go on, take a guess."

I was at a loss. I shrugged.

"You've forgotten our old friends in Nevada already? Yes, I see by the look on your face that you have."

"Damn it, McLane, quit screwing around! You've won. Whatever prick waving contest you thought you were in, you've won!"

His expression turned to anger. He was having fun, and I just spoiled it. "The Hotel Riviera! It was just 2%, but they agreed to turn it over to me for just a small amount of the original investment."

So that explained the sabotage. "You wanted the company to lose money so you could take it over!"

"Exactly! Now I can do the show the way I wanted to in the first place. Women's wrestling is a joke, Mr. Wideman. It's nothing more than an excuse for scantily clad bimboes rolling on top of each other for the amusement of immature men who'd pay top dollar for the priviledge of watching it!
"Those she-males you hired aren't going to impress anybody and the strippers you fired will come crawling back on their hands and knees when I offer them money."

I smiled. Some people are so unreliable, you can count on them being late. While he was going on his little mysoginist rant, Kelly had come in. Her timing was perfect.

"You son of a bitch!"

I was out of a job, but there were a lot of good memories. The look on his face at that moment was one of them.

*

Kelly had contacted the rest of the girls - including the so-called strippers - and told them what she witnessed. By the time she was done, not even hookers would work for McLane.
He eventually relocated to Hawaii, where he got work as an announcer. As for me, I had a book to write.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home