Friday, February 03, 2006

G.L.O.W. Diary 4

The rest of the week had gone without incident and I got the Obsessed Fan story written. I looked at my notepad and worked out a few issues before the girls started showing up.

"Spike, I have to break up your team. You'll be in the main event with Emily tonight."

Tina was costing too much money and wasn't as good as I'd hoped she'd be. I still needed the segment for my new story, though.

"I have to cut costs, Tina. Your segment is being replaced by a shorter one with a simular format."

"If I have a say in the matter, I'd like it to be Sally."

I nodded.

"Okay, as we're coming up on our fourth show, and I know this late booking is a pain. I want everyone to come in tomorrow morning and we'll book next week's show."

There were a few groans.

"This will mean you won't have to come in if you're not booked."

The groans changed to cheers. We were ready to start the show.

*

We filled 431 seats at the Mayan Theater.

Spike had an interview hyping her upcoming singles match with Mountain Fiji.[C-]
David McLane is in the locker room with Matilda the Hun. McLane hands her as he whispers in her ear. She nods and takes it.[C]
Little Fiji defeated Matilda the Hun in 1:53 by pinfall with a Small Package. It looked like Fiji had learned a few things from Matilda.[C]
David McLane:And that is why I always bet on the underdog!
Jackie Stallone:Did you have anything to do with this, McLane?
David McLane:No, of course not. What makes you ask that? I've done nothing wrong![C-]
Sally the Farmer's Daughter is reading letters for her "Ask Sally" show.
"I can't stop thinking about California Doll. I dress like her, I act like her, I talk like her, I even dyed my hair to look like her. What's wrong with me? Signed, Crazy About California Doll. Well, Crazy, you're just going through a phase of hero worship. I went through the same thing as a kid. Then I got to know my hero better and realized that they were pretty normal. After that, I went back to being me."[C-]
Spike defeated Mountain Fiji in 5:04 by submission after blatantly cheating.
Spike really outdid herself in this match.[C-]

Overall, it was a decent show.[C-]

*

The next morning I got the ratings report from the network. We were up - 513 viewers!

I started our meeting with a session, allowing the girls to air their grievances. A lot were unhappy about being not getting booked, and a few were very unhappy. I promised I'd do what I could.

"Debbie, you're turning heel next week. You'll have a match with Little Feather."

Susie Spirit spoke up. "What about our tag team belts?"

"I'm retiring the belts. Running a tag team division would cost too much. For now, I want to focus on individuals."

I worked out the rest of next week's show and told the others I'd see them Tuesday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home